Bug or by design?

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
DanWestlake

Bug or by design?

Beitrag von DanWestlake »

Hello,

I had set up Admido so that a few Roles / Members could process New Registrations including the Edit profile of all users.

They President of the organization wanted the Members to update their profile if there were any changes such as address etc, they didn't want the Association's Managing Members to get stuck doing it so he instructed me to turn off the permission to Edit profile of all users so I did.

As soon as I did that even though the permissions Organize and assign roles and Organize and assign registrations were still selected for this role they no longer could approve New Registrations and the User Management option no longer appeared for them.

I guess it is a catch 22 situation, you are editing the profile by changing editing the role but you aren't changing any of the other profile details.

Perhaps it was meant that roles could be changed but individual profile fields couldn't be edited if the Edit profile of all users isn't enabled.

Thank you,
Dan
Dateianhänge
Screenshot_Permissions.png
Screenshot_Permissions.png (29.33 KiB) 4015 mal betrachtet
Ontario, Canada
Bild
fasse
Administrator

Re: Bug or by design?

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Dan,

the problem with the registration is a bug. I will have a look at it.

That you could not view the user management belongs to the right to view and edit all members :(

Fasse
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Dan,

within the attached zip file there is the fix for the registration bug.

Please unzip this file into adm_program/system/classes and replace the existing file.

Fasse
Dateianhänge
UserRegistration.php.zip
(3.64 KiB) 319-mal heruntergeladen
DanWestlake

Beitrag von DanWestlake »

Hi Fasse,

Thank you for the updated file.

Regards,
Dan
Ontario, Canada