Problems importing CSV

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
PhilC

Problems importing CSV

Beitrag von PhilC »

I am just building a new membership database and have a CSV file of basic member data that I am trying to import. Once I've mapped the fields and click import the page goes completely blank and nothing more happens, no errors or timeouts. I have no problems adding members manually or configuring the database and adding profile fields. I have tried with a test CSV with two dummy members. This also fails to import, with the same blank page. I am running the latest version of Admidio.

I have just tried to attach the test file to this message, first with a .csv extension and a .txt extension but I get an 'invalid extension' error both times. If you could let me know what formats are acceptable I'll upload the test file I am using.

Thank you for any assistance.
Phil
fasse
Administrator

Re: Problems importing CSV

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Phil,

a zip File is accepted. If you upload that file I could have a view on it.

Fasse
PhilC

Beitrag von PhilC »

Hi Fasse,

Thank you for your reply. I have now managed to import the data. There were a number of issues, some of them my fault, but the fundamental problem, that seems like a bug, is that the import doesn't seem to interpret correctly the double quoting of text fields in CSV files. To be more specific, I had commas in some of the street fields, for example when there should be a street name and a village name, within a 'city', or where there is a house name and street name, rather than a house number. Putting double quotes around all text fields should have allowed the commas in those fields to be interpreted as part of the text but it doesn't in this case.

Regards

Phil
PhilC

Beitrag von PhilC »

And just to add, thank you for all the work that has obviously gone in to developing Admidio, as I've worked with it I have become more and more impressed with it.

Regards

Phil
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Phil,

thanks for the hint with the quotes. The problem will be solved within the next release 3.3.15 .

https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/921

Fasse
Antworten