How to connect lists and to use the categories

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
FrancescaBechis

How to connect lists and to use the categories

Beitrag von FrancescaBechis »

Hi, I'm Francesca and I'm a student assistant at The Language Archive of the MPI for Psycholinguistics Nijmegen. We would like to create a database containing all the owners of the corpora located in the archive. We wanted to use your software to do so, but since we're not very familiar with it yet we need to ask you for help.
So, what we have is a list of people (the owners), and a list of language projects (their corpora). Is there a way to make connections between the two lists? To assign one (or more) person to one (or more) project?
We were thinking of using the categories. Specifically, we have created one called "Project", but then we don't know how to use it, and whether it is possible to somehow link it to the several people. In other words, we want to ask you for advice with regards to the building of a sort of skeleton of the database.
I hope I've made myself understood enough.
Thank you in advance!
Francesca
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Re: How to connect lists and to use the categories

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

Hi Francesca,

You can fill the database with user data using the Admdido import function from a Excel spreadsheet or also a csv file.
Each project you could define as role. Ok, you would need to define the roles manually because therfore we do not have a Import function. To each role you can assign the members. Also leader state with further permissions can be set for members of a role.
Doing so you can use the complete list functions in Admidio.
Feel free to try our demo Installation on this site.

Best,
Thomas
Antworten