Chat - no "pushing" ?

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Chat - no "pushing" ?

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello ADMIDIO ( or others that will help )

I am setting the ADMIDIO up for a club that makes 3D objects.
I intended to use the chat-system so that users could use it to give support to other members about some technical things.

The chat system functions - and not.
When You write a message it is published BUT noone sees it.
It is not "pushed" to logged-on-users.
It is not shown when You just press ENTER ( without having any text )

It is FIRST shown when You Yourself makes a text and press ENTER.
It could be okay that the message is not pushed to logged-on-users even though it is normal for a chat -
BUT how on earth do You see new messages without being forced to write a lot of dummy-messages.

I would like the pressing ENTER to force the system to show messages OR there were a button "Refresh" that showed the messages.

Or is there a "secret" function that I do not know of ?

Please someone tell me how to use the chat-function.
weissst
Developer

Re: Chat - no "pushing" ?

Beitrag von weissst »

Hello,

in the background is a JS-Script, that should do the Job! Every 2.5 secounds the Script is checking for new messages and display them.

@ximex: can you take a look? because you changed the code last time... and now i get an "TypeError: chatArea[0] is undefined"

br
Stefan
XimeX
Developer

Beitrag von XimeX »

Ok i see the problem. I will fix it.
https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/620
fredsfollies

Beitrag von fredsfollies »

Where is the chat module? I am not finding it in my version of the application. I am running version 3.2.9
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Go to the message module preferences and activate the chat module there. After that you will find the chat within the message module.
fredsfollies

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, once I log in it takes forever to connect as I mentioned in my original post. It is getting to the point that I will have to delete the application as I have not been able to figure out the problem. I keep getting the error message that I posted in my "Slow Connection" post above.

as an example, I have been waiting to get to chat module as you described for coming up on 10 minutes.

EDIT: I have many other applications running on this shared webhost, so I don't believe the problem is with the host. I am running version 5.5.22 of php if that helps any.
XimeX
Developer

Beitrag von XimeX »

fixed. Will be in the next release
fredsfollies

Can you tell me when the new release will come out? I really can't use the application until that is fixed. Is there some code change you can provide so that I can make it work?
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Great Ximex

If it would not be too much trouble, I would like to know where to fix it, as I want to show someone, that the chat-module is working as a chat should work.

Or simply attach a fixed chat.js and/or messages_chat.php - please.
I am currently on 3.2.8 so I guess that it simply can be replaced if it is for the 3.2.10

Kind regards
Schwartz
XimeX
Developer

Beitrag von XimeX »

Anbei die 2 Dateien in modules/messages ersetzen
Dateianhänge
messages.zip
(1.93 KiB) 244-mal heruntergeladen
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Ximex

First of all - Thank You very much for the zip. I have tested it, and now I have a real Chat. :P

You have a demo account, where You give people the opportunity to explore all the good functions this system have. I think it would be a good idea, to let the two files You attached, replace the files in the demo-account. People that want to see how the chat-function is, should also see that it functions. It is just a suggestion.

Another thing in the demo. I logged in as member and also as admin. Even when making a message and ENTER, the admin could anly see his own messages and the member could only see his/her own messages. Is there a setting ( a role or something ) that You can use, to make different chat-forums, that can't see each others messages. I could not find something in settings

Kind regards
Schwartz
XimeX
Developer

Beitrag von XimeX »

Fasse will update the demo site when the new version is released.

There is no "chatroom" feature. Maybe in future i will build a better chat with websockets for faster chatting and maybe with chatrooms. But this would be in about 1,5 years or later (too less time and other things are more important)
Antworten