Role Administration Bug

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
TenX

Role Administration Bug

Beitrag von TenX »

If a new role is added to a user's profile, from the users profile page, using the "Additional function > Change role memberships" , the system removes the "from" and "to" dates for some of the existing roles and replaces them with a "since" date.
The system works normally if the role add(s) is done with the "Role administration" menu link by putting a check mark against the user name for the role that is added. Other roles dates are not affected using this method.
Current Admidio version on server: 3.2.11
Back-tested on Version 3.2.8 and the bug exists there as well.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Role Administration Bug

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Tenx,

I could not reproduce this bug.

Can you please give some additional informations.

How will the from-date be changed and how will the to-date be changed?
Does this only affect active roles or also role where the membership is already finished?
Does this affect all roles or only random roles?

Fasse
TenX

Beitrag von TenX »

There are two active roles for a member and both expire on 2/1/2018:
General - Member from 07/06/2016 to 02/01/2018

RFID Card Information - All RFID Cards from 07/06/2016 to 02/01/2018
From "Profile of member" page, go to 'Additional functions', from drop-down choose 'Change role memberships'.
From 'Role assignment for member' screen add one or more role by selecting checkmark. Save.
This is what it looks like:

General - Member from 07/06/2016 to 02/01/2018

General - Membership Director since 10/01/2017

RFID Card Information - All RFID Cards since 07/06/2018
Added the 'Member Director' role to profile, and the system removed the 2/1/2018 expiration date from the 'All RFID Cards' role. It does not affect the 'Member' role which is the default role.
I have not tested this with expired membership but will try and do so later today. If needed I can post screen shots of the above.
Thanks
TenX

Beitrag von TenX »

Tested the 'Former role membership' for this issue. Only active memberships as stated above, are affected by the addition of role(s). Former roles maintain their Start and End dates as they should.
Thanks.
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Tenx,

I created a scenario equal to yours but within my installation everything work as expected. I also check the code. Within this script we do not set the beginning to another date than the current day. So I don't know how the script change your second role to the beginning in the future.

I have no idea how to reproduce your problem :(

Fasse
Antworten