member profile maintenance and sharing control

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
samou812

member profile maintenance and sharing control

Beitrag von samou812 »

Hello. My small alumni organization is looking for membership software, preferably free. The main need is for self-service membership directory management. Two requirements are that an individual member may: 1. edit his/her own contact information; 2. choose whether or not to share each element of his/her contact information with other non-administrator members (in other words, I may elect to share my email and my telephone number, but not my street address, or I may elect to share all contact information, or none at all.) I have briefly exercised the demo, and I did not see evidence of member control over contact information sharing. Of course I could have missed something that should have been obvious to me. I also noticed that certain elements of contact information (i.e., telephone numbers) do not seem to be presented on the member profile edit form, which is somewhat confusing. Does admidio have the required features/capabilities? Thank you!

-Sam
fasse
Administrator

Re: member profile maintenance and sharing control

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Sam,

the User has Not the possibility to choose which informations he will share. Only the admin can generally define which profile fields all users can Share.

Best regards
Fasse
Antworten