Setting up protected file areas

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
mlapl1

Setting up protected file areas

Beitrag von mlapl1 »

I am super-new to admidio and have the following question - and cannot seem to find an answer

I would like to set up areas (html pages) which are only accessible by people with certain roles. Actually what I am trying to do is to set up courses (folders of files) available only to people with specific permissions or who have paid a fee. How can I do that?

Thanks doe any help
Andrew
Schwartz

Re: Setting up protected file areas

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Mlapl1
You use the download folders for this.

You can for a folder set permissions up so only users belonging to certain group(s) are allowed to download.
When the user have logged on, and the user chooses the download module this user can only see the folders he has access to.

You can make links to the files in the downloads folders and then present these links in for example the web-links.
Then all users can see that the files are there, but only users that has permissions can access the files.

You can see an example here : http://c4dshow.com/3d-figuren.html

If you choose the objects menu : http://c4dshow.com/objects.html then you will find some links that will cause the file to be downloaded - but only if you are logged in. In the object ( and more in some texture menus ) there is some free material.

There is made a download folder where all has access - it is here the free material is.
I use iframes to present the ADMIDIO system and as you can see it seems quite integrated.

You could also use the ADMIDIO as stand alone and then give access to the download module. And here set up the folders with the right permissions. Then users will only see the download folders he/she has permissions to see ( and download from )
You can make a small info text for a folder / file. Unfortunately the search function only searches for the file name and only in the actual folder.

Hope this was helpful for you.

Kind regards
Schwartz
mlapl1

Beitrag von mlapl1 »

Dear Schwartz

Thank you so much for the very detailed response. It is very useful. I have not yet tried to implement what you suggest but I think that the download section enables people to download materials. I just want to run ordinary html/Javascript pages online, not download them. The courses I have need to be run online and not downloaded. Actually, I specifically want to prevent them from being downloaded to the extent that this is possible on the net. I will experiment a bit. Thanks again.

Cheers
Andrew
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Mlap1

Maybe you have found a solution - but here is another suggestion.

You could use the Weblink module

You could make the weblink module accesible for members only.

You could then have the links presented this way : http://www.energifremtiden.dk/c4d/tutor ... vel-1.html

Click the thumbnail to see it on the page - click the link to see it on youtube directly.
This is maybe a way you could do it.

In the example the videos are public, but if the links were restricted then nothing would have been shown.
The links is to youtube files but could as well have been to local files.
You could have a combination of weblinks and download-settings. The download settings will make the file accessible if credentials say so - else there will come a warning.

You should know that if you make something available on the net, then it can be downloaded. This goes for videos, images and audio - if you can hear it or see it, you can grab it!
Antworten