Send mails to event participants

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Send mails to event participants

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Admidio

In the new 3.3 the participation for events is enhanced.
It seems that there also will come ( maybe - by time ) a plugin that can send mails to members that has birthday.

I think it could be very useful, if you on an event, could have ( a checkbox ) the possibility to :

Send mail now and/or xx days before eventstart. ( a 0 value, should be the same day - at night when the cronjob runs ).
This way event participants could be reminded for the event.
The mail should contain the event-information, and eventual a link to the Admidiosystem/the event.

Kind regards
John S.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Send mails to event participants

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Schwartz,

with version 3.3 it will only be possible to send emails to event participations.

The other features are wishes, but there is currently no one who will implement these functions.

Fasse

Btw: we will start the 3.3 beta in a few days.
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

fasse hat geschrieben:Hi Schwartz,

with version 3.3 it will only be possible to send emails to event participations.

The other features are wishes, but there is currently no one who will implement these functions.

Fasse

Btw: we will start the 3.3 beta in a few days.
Hey John,
There are already some issues created on our github project matching this feature.
In my point of view we need to allow users to configure notifications in their own profile before implenting email notifications. Not every user will be happy with this. So, we should have options for users before doing so.

Cheers,
Thomas

Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Thomas

My idea was a notification date on the event.
Then a php-script that checks events for notification date, and if equal to actual date, then send a mail.
In the php script a setting :
Allow to start remote ( with Ip-check or without Ip-check ( for testing purpose) or only locally. And an IP-address if checked for check on IP , as some ISP don't offer the cronjob service, and you therefore need to use an external provider for this.

As I understand your post there is already issues on GitHub covering this.

You mean that before something like this will be implemented, there should be a setting on the user :

I want to receive notifications regarding :

Birthday greetings __
Notification at event-changes ___ for events I participate
Event reminders ___
Unread mails in my Admidio-inbox ____

If not checked users will receive no such message/notification.

Is it something like this you mean - or have I completely missed the point ?
I have now found the #178, but it seems that this is action-initiated and not initiated by a cronjob. The first post I saw that should use cronjob, was the birthday greeting. I can find nothing about cronjob - I think the search function ( GitHub ) only searches headlines - right ?

Kind regards
Schwartz
Antworten