Why are emails compulsory?

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
watergeus5

Why are emails compulsory?

Beitrag von watergeus5 »

Some of the members of the organisation I'm beginning to use Admidio for don't have emails yet my attempts to remove the mandatory inclusion of an email in the profile field have so far been unsuccessful.

Clearly it's needed for some purposes, such as if a user wants to register a username and log in but there are plenty of comments in the code about what to do if it doesn't include one. So far about 1 in 20 of my members don't have email addresses and there's another category I expect to see: husband and wife who share one address but both are separately members.

I've tried setting the usf_mandatory field to zero in the adm_user_fields table but that doesn't work. I've also tried removing tests in several modules but they're all irrelevant.

I can't find anything in the documentation, which seems to be mainly a set of implementation notes. Can anyone help?
watergeus5

Re: Why are emails compulsory?

Beitrag von watergeus5 »

Having posted this, I realised I hadn't done what I didn't do with my last post: after changing something, quit the browser to get rid of all the session variables!

Now it works like a dream. But is phpmyadmin the only way to control things like this?
XimeX
Developer

Re: Why are emails compulsory?

Beitrag von XimeX »

You can change here which fields should be mandatory: https://mydomain.com/adm_program/module ... fields.php
Antworten