Deleting or Adding New(Multiple) Organization

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
amitabhmca

Deleting or Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Hello Team,

I added a new organization (listed in the drop down) and got a below message. Login screen doesn't show any drop down to select organizations..
[attachment=1]Organization-add-in-admidio.PNG[/attachment]

Now next thing i see this in my preference. organization (listed in the drop down) is the one i created. field "Parent Organization" is bit confusing as if i select the organization from the drop down , that would look like a parent organization but its not and its a child organization.

[attachment=0]Organization-add-in-admidio-3.PNG[/attachment]

Please help to clarify this confusion and how should i proceed further?

Dateianhänge
Organization-add-in-admidio-3.PNG
Organization-add-in-admidio-3.PNG (28.53 KiB) 11420 mal betrachtet
Organization-add-in-admidio.PNG
Organization-add-in-admidio.PNG (15.53 KiB) 11420 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von amitabhmca am 6. Mai 2018, 16:52, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
amitabhmca

Re: Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

After clearing cookies, I see an option as in this screeshot.
Organization-add-in-admidio-4.PNG
Organization-add-in-admidio-4.PNG (38.99 KiB) 11417 mal betrachtet
As per admidio docs "It is always preselected the organization of the config.php" but I see newly created organization is pre selected. so 1) is there anything to be fixed/reconfigured to make sure first organization is preselected always?
Organization-add-in-admidio-5.PNG
Organization-add-in-admidio-5.PNG (31.27 KiB) 11417 mal betrachtet
2) Is it possible for both organization to share same database? How to add existing user so he can login using new orgazation..I changed role membership to one of the user and tried to login by selecting newly created organization but i got a message as
Your login credentials were correct but you are not an active member of this organization यूनिहोम्स भोपाल फ्लैट बायर्स ग्रुप.

3) I did the test user registration by selecting newly created organization and i got an email about new user registration to new organization but when i checked with in admidio,
it says
No new registrations available.
amitabhmca

Re:-Urgent- Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Hello Everyone,

Need quick help.. My member login text is taken over by newly created org and none of the users are able to login..please check the screenshot.

Org-issue.PNG
Org-issue.PNG (72.58 KiB) 11408 mal betrachtet
How to solve this? can i just delete the 2nd org from DB table?
Org-issue-DB.PNG
Org-issue-DB.PNG (35.17 KiB) 11408 mal betrachtet
amitabhmca

Re: URGENT- Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Can someone help me please..its urgent. how can i delete newly created organization
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Amitabh,

I will look at this.

But first have a look at the config.php, which organization shortname do you have there?

Now restart your browser.

Which organization is now shown at the headline?

This should be the organization of your config file.

Fasse
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Found the problem why you don't see the selectbox btw. the option to activate the selectbox.
https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/749

BUT it should still work at your installation. Just restart the browser and login with your organization of the config file. Than go to preferences -> organization and activate the option to view the select box of all organizations.

After that everything should work again.
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

fasse hat geschrieben:Hi Amitabh,

I will look at this.

But first have a look at the config.php, which organization shortname do you have there?

Now restart your browser.

Which organization is now shown at the headline?

This should be the organization of your config file.

Fasse
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Fasse,

Thank you very much for taking time and reply..

my first organization short name is UHB and 2nd organization short name is UHBFBG

my config.php has UHB which is my first organization and 2nd organization need to be child org..

// Maximum of 10 characters !!!
$g_organization = 'UHB';

I did some more testing in admidio test site and got to understand how exactly multiple organization works. Its a great concept and i really like it.. I must appreciate that you guys have done wonderful work. I was able to setup UHBFBG as a child org to parent orgUHB by logging in to child and select parent there..

I was able to get select-box after clearing cookies few times. I have left unchecked the check box for now & i believe it shouldn't impact anything if i leave it like that..Please high light if there could be any issues?

It will really be good to know step by step procedure to undo steps or delete created organization. I will be happy to add it in FAQ.

I saw the post (https://www.admidio.org/forum/viewtopi ... =7&t=7689)which talks about db.sql with alter but is this the only step suppose to be done as the user had to do "manually now by changing the corresponding entries (org_id 1 instead of 2) or lines in the database based on the error messages.".

Can we simply delete 2nd org table from database and it won't impact existing organization tables?

Thanks
Amitabh

Zuletzt geändert von amitabhmca am 4. Mai 2018, 01:11, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

fasse hat geschrieben:Found the problem why you don't see the selectbox btw. the option to activate the selectbox.

BUT it should still work at your installation. Just restart the browser and login with your organization of the config file. Than go to preferences -> organization and activate the option to view the select box of all organizations.

After that everything should work again.
===========================================

Thanks Fasse. I guess you mean select box as in below screenshot. It appeared only after clearing cookies few times..
selectbox-org.JPG
selectbox-org.JPG (31.93 KiB) 11356 mal betrachtet
thanks,
Amitabh
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

I had fix the original problem. If you first create the second organization we normally activate the selectbox per default. But because of session problem this was not done.

With the linked solved issue (Admidio 3.3.2) all other user will benefit of this problem desciption:

For you the problem is now also solved :)

Fasse
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Many thanks Fasse.

What about deleting the Organization?

Can i just delete the new Organization entry from database?

Thanks,
Amitabh
amitabhmca

Re: URGENT- Deleting or Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Hello Fasse,

Not sure if its new or old and already discussed in other post but I am facing permission related issues after creating new organization. Checkbox is unchecked for new organization and As in the screenshot below, edit option disappeared for 5 of the category..how

profile Field category-1.JPG
profile Field category-1.JPG (120.59 KiB) 11323 mal betrachtet
when i try to click in any of the upper category, i get message as in below screenshot.
Profile Category - clicked on Basic Information Category and got this.JPG
Profile Category - clicked on Basic Information Category and got this.JPG (24.17 KiB) 11323 mal betrachtet
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Have you set a Parent-Child-Organization?

Within a child organiziation it's not possible to change some categories or profile fields. The parent organization should change everything.
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Thanks Fasse.

I kept disabled parent child relation as i wanted to delete the newly created organization thinking it might impact anything.

Screenshot in the previous post is from parent organization.

I enabled parent child relation to test & i get back control of all those fields with in parent organization.

Is it expected behavior?

Thanks,
Amitabh
fasse
Administrator

Re: Deleting or Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Amitabh.

I'm sorry but until now it's not possible to delete an organization. If you don't need it anymore, than just deactivate the organization selectbox.

Since now we only thought about organizations in relationship and than the parent organization has the full control of all organization independent settings. If you have 2 organizations without a parent than we must change our logik. Maybe both organizations could edit organization independent settings.

Fasse
amitabhmca

Re: Deleting or Adding New(Multiple) Organization

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Thanks Fasse. Organization independent settings is a good idea.

Organization works very well in parent child relationship. Issue started when i deactivated the organization selectbox which caused permission disappearance in parent organization as reported in my previous post. so just a scenario, I am forced to keep 2nd org in parent child to avoid any permission impact to parent organization.

In my scenario, I have a home buyers society, so buyers who pays membership fee goes in to member category.. who doesn't pay goes to buyers non member category. I achieved this keeping two categories and works very well. Just to test organization feature, I also achieved this by creating 2nd organization which also works fine.

Possibly the way it should/could work is that 1) as soon as we deactivate the organization, things should get back to normal as it was before creating 2nd organization. 2) In future, may be good to keep a button somewhere to delete 2nd or child organization in one click.
Zuletzt geändert von amitabhmca am 10. Mai 2018, 06:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Antworten