installation issue

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
dc_rogers

installation issue

Beitrag von dc_rogers »

I am having trouble getting past the "install database" portion of the install. I have attempted at least 3 separate times. the ONLY difference I am making is the database login because I do not want to give it root access direct (I modify the privileges within the MySQL) and the prefix because if I do like it I intend on running multiple installations and donating to help support admidio.

I receive no error messages except for the spinning symbol after I click "begin installation." What have I missed?

respectfully,
DC Rogers

edit: I did let it attempt to "install" the database overnight with no change in status.
jbrown

Re: installation issue

Beitrag von jbrown »

This happened to me, too.
I almost abandoned the software because of it.
Hit the "refresh button on your browser, it worked for me.
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Could you please test it with a different browser. Did that work?
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

We found and fix the installation issue. It only occurs if you use PHP8.

Please download Admidio 4.0.6 and try the installation once again.
mrlawrencelam

Beitrag von mrlawrencelam »

Version 4.0.6:

When I first installing with MS-Edge, I chose a less secure Administrator password and was rejected by the installation process. After that, although I have used a very strong password, the installation process kept halting at "CREATING DATABASE". No matter how many times I tried with a clean setup, it always stopped at this stage.

I then changed to Firefox and the installation went well until the end.
accordeonadmin

Beitrag von accordeonadmin »

I have an installation issue too, however, it is one where the DB is OK, but the program will not let me in.

I installed the latest version (4.0.6?) from the admidio site (not softaculos), I had a backed up DB, but from the start, I am asked to update the DB to 4.7.
Fair enough, but then I get a login screen, but I just cannot get past that, my DB is intact, but my credentials don't seem to work anymore and there is no "Forgotten password" link, although I am sure my credentials are right.

Any file I can recover my credentials from, or any way I can manage to log in so I can get admidio to work again?

Thank you in advance.
Antworten