blanking a field on import

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
plawrie

blanking a field on import

Beitrag von plawrie »

On the import member function, it does not appear possible to blank a field that previously had data.
The example is where an address field incorrectly contained the postcode.
I exported a csv file of all records, Then used Excel to move the post_code from address_3 to the post_code field.
address_3 therefore for some records is now blank
When I imported all members from the spreadsheet, the post_code fields all updated correctly but any address_3 fields in the input which are now blank did not update the address_3 field in Admidio. As a get-around I moved a full stop to the now blank address_3 fields and this imported correctly.

ON a related issue, I tried to import from the csv file I had amended but Admidio import would not detect it in the directory. I tried several times, including renaming it. Then I changed the csv to xlxs and it worked correctly.
I note that the xlsx import has recently been added to Admidio, but csv import worked correctly on 4.1.1
fasse
Administrator

Re: blanking a field on import

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi,

the problem with the blank field will be fixed within version 4.1.8. If you than choose complement and have no value than this will be set for the user.

Your other problem with the csv file is not reproducable for me. Do you have set the right encoding? Maybe you could send me an anonymized csv file with 2 or three records and I will try this for myself.

Best regards
Fasse
Antworten