Unknown Database 'admidio_40' during original installation

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
firmwareguy195

Unknown Database 'admidio_40' during original installation

Beitrag von firmwareguy195 »

Greetings,

I'm trying to install a new system from a fresh download. MySQL Workbench v8 works, Apache works.

It's running 'http://localhost/admidio/adm_program/installation/installation.php?step=connect_database'

I click the "Define Organization" button, but it won't get past the "unknown database" message. SQLSTATE <1049>.

Can you help?

Thanks,
David

PS: Can you maybe email me the Demo database?
fasse
Administrator

Re: Unknown Database 'admidio_40' during original installation

Beitrag von fasse »

It looks like the database admidio_40 doesnot excist? Are you sure your database Login data is correct?
firmwareguy195

Hi Fasse,

I am enclosing a snapshot of the installation dialog, and the error message that is generated as soon as I click the Define Organization button.

How would the database exist? I have never installed the program before. I'm just following the steps outlined on the installation page, and this is as far as I get. "admidio_40" appears to be the default DB name. I tried several other names, but the error still happens.

Here's the link I'm using: https://www.admidio.org/dokuwiki/doku.p ... stallation

I am installing it on my own laptop, not on a third-party server, so I am not using FTP to copy it. Instead I am installing it in the root of my web space. Is that a problem? Does it have to be installed on someone else's server?

I have a hello world script in the same place, and it launches from localhost. The DBMS (MySQL) also seems happy to connect via localhost on port 3306 using the name and password supplied.

Can you send me the Demo database files? Maybe I can use them to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks,
David
admidio error.PNG
admidio error.PNG (28.78 KiB) 4763 mal betrachtet
admidio install snapshot.PNG
admidio install snapshot.PNG (47.83 KiB) 4763 mal betrachtet
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

These are example data within the documentation. You must replace that data with your own data. So your database name and user and password.
firmwareguy195

Dear Fasse,

We don't seem to be communicating. There is no correct Admidio database because Admidio has never been installed!! How can there be a correct data base??

It does not matter what values I put in the dialog. The installation will not proceed to the next section. The values I am using are correct to the extent that I can use them to access other web pages, open the MySQL server, etc.

Can you PLEASE send me the Demo tables? You're my last hope, Obi Wan.

Thank you,
David
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Admidio needs a valid existing database where the Admidio tables could be installed. In our example we called this database admidio_40 but in real life the webhoster will give the database name and the login data. This values must you insert. Admidio will than connect to that database and will install itself there.
firmwareguy195

Hi Fasse,

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. Two questions:

1. Have you guys ever hosted this with GoDaddy under their cPanel product?

2. Can you provide any kind of tech support option to help me get it running?

Thanks,
David
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi David,

we havn't tried GoDaddy with cPanel. What you need is the access data to their database. These data must be provided by GoDaddy.

Fasse
firmwareguy195

Hi Grasp,

Thanks for the reply. What about my second question? Is there some way I can hire you to get it going on the host site?

Thanks,
David
Antworten