Cannot use upgrade script from 2.3.4 to 2.4.4

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
henrikth

Beitrag von henrikth »

I'm trying to upgrade my version 2.3.4 with the new version 2.4.4 and the database upgrade script just crunches away without changeing anything???

I can close the upgrade "page" and restore the adm_program folder and it's as if nothing has ever happened.. Any suggestions?
Kind regards
Henrik Troels-Hansen
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Henrik,

do you get an error message or something like this?
Do you have Access to a Php logfile?

Fasse
henrikth

Re: Cannot use upgrade script from 2.3.4 to 2.4.4

Beitrag von henrikth »

Hi Fasse

Nope, nothing... it just rotating it's little "clock" and as far as I can see, it does absolutely nothing to the database.. A question of access rigths maybe?

I do not have (off hand, anyway) access to PHP logs, I have asked the webhotel provider for it..

Here is an idea for the roadmap..
Being able to import/restore database backups from previous versions in the newest verson of admidio, and select what data to import ie. membership data and not configuration data..

I for instance could use it to import membership data from a 2.3.4 installation into a 2.4.4 installation.
Zuletzt geändert von henrikth am 15. Jan 2014, 11:00, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Kind regards
Henrik Troels-Hansen
fasse
Administrator

Re: Cannot use upgrade script from 2.3.4 to 2.4.4

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Henrik,

I do not have an idea what's wrong with your database. If you like, you can send me your backup and I will test it on my local machine.

For the next main version I have rewritten the update script. Then every step will be logged in the database and we can see at which step the update has a problem.

Fasse
Antworten