Automatic participation via mail

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Automatic participation via mail

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Some users - especially those with grey or white hair - don't like computers, and they especially don't like to log in to systems.

It would be a good thing if a user could receive a mail with a description of an event, and then the option to choose either :

participate event YES or NO

Then all the user has to do is, in the mail to click on one of the two links YES or NO and then the user will see in his default browser a message :
Your participation to the event is registered
or : Your refusal for the event is registered.
or : the event can no longer be edited - You have to contact the administrator for the event if You want to change something.
or : There was an error - try again later or contact the administrator for the event.

What would this take :
A possibility for an event-owner to put participants on the event via a list. This could be used for a museum that has a vernissage, or a theater that has a premiere or ....
This way, You can pre-book for some people and let others do the participation themselves.
Then all participants ( the invited ) will have an admin-status that says accepted and a user status that says "blank".

On each participation link/record there is a field that is automatic filled with a random value. Could be afRvvFFF44GFF4VV
The yes-link had the value (routinephp)+(recordid)+Y+afRvvFFF44GFF4VV
The No link had the value (routinephp)+(recordid)+N+afRvvFFF44GFF4VV
There is a php-routin that updates the user status with "accepted" or "refused". If the event is locked, then no update can take place.

Of course all users that are in possession of the mail to a user, can change his or her participation, but You have to rely on, that the mail goes to the right user. If the user forwards the mail to another person, then he is responsive for that.

When the event-owner locks the event, and checks who will participate, then he maybe can see that there was only 32 out of 40 invited that would participate. He had sent the mail to 40 and had set the max to 50, as this is what the event have food for and/or seats for. 10 other people who had not been invited had also participated.
There is now 8 free places but 14 is on the waiting list. On the 8 that was invited and had the admin accept, he then removes this accept, and 8 persons from the waiting list automatic changes status and are now participants, and they are automatic informed via mail.
Easy for users to participate ( or refuse ) and easy for the event-owner to administrate and easy for me to come up with, but I don't know how easy it will be to make - but I suspect some of the things I bring up, is already in the pipeline.
Kind regards
Schwartz
fasse
Administrator

Re: Automatic participation via mail

Beitrag von fasse »

Also a great idea that I also would like to be part of Admidio with a good description how to implement!

https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/477
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

I have discovered, there is a playground, where we(users) via the demo, can see the new betaversion ( 3.3 i guess ) where "done" issues can be seen.
I have seen a dropdown for the participation : Participate, perhaps/conditional and refused/dropped.

It should be the new "perhaps"-status that entries are born with, when an event-owner puts participants on the event via a list ( or manuel).

The perhaps status should do, that the participant is included in the total-participants.
Then user can then via mail or via the event, confirm/participate(YES) or refuse (NO).
FUTURE
When the user refuses the participation, there is one place free. A refusal should invoke a routine, that checks for if there is someone on the waiting list - and if, then take the first ( via data-time ) that is able to be moved from the list to participation ( the number of participants has to be equal to, or lower than number of participants on the refused participation )

AND

If the participant regrets, then he can manually participate again - IF there is an available number free.
Example :

There are a total of 28 participants that has the status "confirmed" or "perhaps".
There is set a max number of 30 for the event.
Then - when the user tries to make a participation with himself+2 guests, then the system should tell " Number of participants exceeds the allowed maximum of : 30 "
There can be NO splitting ( much too difficult i think ) - in theory he and one guest could participate and one guest on waitinglist - but not only will it be complicated to code, complicated to maintain but also complicated to use.

If he participates with one guest, then the system should accept the participation.

I hate when a system asks for confirmation. When I click a button I expect it to do what it is meant for, and not ask "do You really mean that ?"
But maybe a warning when a user deletes his participation AND there are other "participants" on a waiting list for the event.
THEN it could be useful with a warning : " Be aware, that if You cancel Your participation, others from the waiting list, can maybe block for further participations and You may not be able to participate again"

This is just some thoughts that has to do with "participation via mail" and "Waiting list" - FUTURE

Kind regards
Schwartz
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

Hello Schwartz,

You are right, the playground is for the beta tests, when we start a new release of Admidio.
At the moment it will be updated in irregular intervals. So we have luck that "Fasse" already updated with the new tentative status in events.
I just want to give you a quick feedback to your posts in regards of the development of the event module coming up with the release 3.3.
Like you ´ve already recognized, we have implemented the third parmater "tentative" for users.
In summary we decided to provide a functionality known like Microsoft Office.
I´ll comment some statements from you. This makes it easier.

I have seen a dropdown for the participation : Participate, perhaps/conditional and refused/dropped.
Yes you are right: we will have the user states "Yes", "tentative" and "no" in the next release.
It should be the new "perhaps"-status that entries are born with, when an event-owner puts participants on the event via a list ( or manuel).

The perhaps status should do, that the participant is included in the total-participants.
Then user can then via mail or via the event, confirm/participate(YES) or refuse (NO).
FUTURE
When the user refuses the participation, there is one place free. A refusal should invoke a routine, that checks for if there is someone on the waiting list - and if, then take the first ( via data-time ) that is able to be moved from the list to participation ( the number of participants has to be equal to, or lower than number of participants on the refused participation )
The total Count will be like mentioned, but we will not realize a waiting list. This would be a possible issue for future releases.
If a user is assigned to the event role by the leader of the event or a member with rights to assign participants to roles, the user will see "invited" as Initial state. At this time the required seat is set and counted.
Also the Email function is not the plan regarding the timeline.
The interaction will be on user side only in Version 3.3. This means that we will have the MS Office functionality. An creater of an event or leader invites the participants and reserves the seats for them within the assigment of the members for an event and also can refuse it again. The confirmation states will be set by the users only.
If he participates with one guest, then the system should accept the participation.
This Feature with additional guests within the confirmation will come also and of course will have influence of the participant Count and limit.
I hate when a system asks for confirmation. When I click a button I expect it to do what it is meant for, and not ask "do You really mean that ?"
But maybe a warning when a user deletes his participation AND there are other "participants" on a waiting list for the event.
THEN it could be useful with a warning : " Be aware, that if You cancel Your participation, others from the waiting list, can maybe block for further participations and You may not be able to participate again"
Like already mentioned, not planned for Version 3.3.

From my side the following features are the must have for the 3.3:

- new tentative state for users (Done)
- new list configuration for events customizable (Done)
- additional seats for guests within own confirmation (todo)
- Comment function for participants in regards of their confirmation (todo)

Best,
Thomas
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Thomas

Thank You VERY much for Your response.
I am aware that my ideas will not be integrated in 3.3.
But I see them in the FUTURE, and hope they will by time, come on a numbered milestone, and that this milestone by time, will be planned with a date.
I have been investigating the ADMIDIO Github, and have seen Your name on many issues - especially what has to do with events.
I hope You like my ideas, and that some of my ideas, would/could be good for the system.

I am still a novice in the system - it has some smart functionality that You have to look for. I first found out when I looked in Your demo, that a user can be navigated to an event - a smart little feature ( I found out that You have to tip in a/the full address for a member, and then You see the icon).

I look forward to test the "list configuration for events" - I didn't find that in the demo.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Antworten