Downloads in events

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
Schwartz

Downloads in events

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello ADMIDIO

In viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7407 I had a question about attaching images and PDF files to an event.
This is possible by using a link to a file on a server ( maybe another server ).

BUT You are not able to do this unless the file already exist, or unless You can upload files.

I have now found out You can upload files AND use these files as URL/"targets"/links.

Example Your logo : admidio-logo.png ( https://www.admidio.org/playground/adm_ ... ?file_id=6 )
I have used this as image in an event, and I have also uploaded a PDF-file and used this file as link "on" the image.

IT FUNCTIONS

So - You are able to upload a file even if You don't have ftp-access, and You can "use" this file directly in the download-module and/or You can use the file as link in an event. This solves what I asked for in 7407.

I would suggest, that You had an easier way to get the URL for the file.

You have this issue on Github ( #181 ) - maybe a discussion if this ( the download ) could be used for this. It has all the things/settings about who are allowed to upload and who are allowed to see the files(s) and allowed file-size.
Or maybe a ( easier ) connection from the download to the event creation.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Schwartz

Re: Downloads in events

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Tested some more.

This combination of the modules downloads and events seems to be good - really really good.
In most clubs You have a board ( chairman, cashier and secretary )
Then You have the members and then You have the "public".

The "Downloads" module ( download/upload ) gives the possibility to upload to folders You give rights for boards, members and public.
This way You can have a secretary that have a folder ( or more folders ) where Only he ( the board ) have rights to upload files ( these files could be summarys/reports in PDF formats ) and the download rights was only for the members.
And there could be documents that was also for the public ( in a folder with these rights ).
And You could have a planned trip for a club, where You in an event had a link to a File ( PDF file with the program ) in the download-module, where You have given members rights to this file.
When a logged-in member sees the event-list then he has acces to the program.

It seems that the system can handle all this now, but I have some questions :

1. It is possible to set the color of the border, but would it be possible that You could define a border ONLY when the alternate text was used -and maybe a "simpler" way to specify the border-color ( in connection with the size for example )??

2. I have made many tests, and it seemed that in one of my tests I managed to get a hover-effect on the border - When I hovered the image, the border "shifted" style. I have not been able to redo this. Could it be possible that You had let's say an image with no border, and then when hovering this image ( where You have put a link ) You had a glowing border or an other effect ?

3. i have ( in an event ) a link to a PDF ( a PDF that is in the downloads ). How can I have this PDF open in a window directly without to have to answer " Open or download" ?

I am not a CSS-magician, but I guess that some of You people are.

I am "talking" of the settings in the image-properties in the events.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Antworten