CSV import of users

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
assela

CSV import of users

Beitrag von assela »

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding the CSV import of users to Admidio. When one select User Management> Additional Functions > Import User(s), the import dialog is shown. When you select a file and go to the next page, one can match the fields in the csv file with user profile items. However, what I see is:
  • Username (user) is missing in this list
The import works all right, but the imported users still don't have a username, then I have to manually edit their profile and create a username for each of them, which is not efficient. After that I have to click "send email with username and password" manually for each user.

My questions are:
  • is there a way to incorporate username in the import process so that I don't have to manually create it.
  • is there a way to send the email with username and password to the new users automatically or by selecting them all and doing it once? (rather than clicking on each user's key icon).
Thank you for your time.
michiel

Re: CSV import of users

Beitrag von michiel »

I have exactly the same problem. I import more than 150 users and have to manually enter a username en send a mail with username and password for every user.

How can this be simplified.

Cheers
Michiel
XimeX
Developer

Beitrag von XimeX »

Today there is no option for this. Maybe we implement this in the future. But it is a good idea
https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/640
Striderdixon

Beitrag von Striderdixon »

Also the Start of Membership and End of Membership can be exported but not imported.
DanWestlake

Beitrag von DanWestlake »

It definitely would be a huge improvement to have the user ID and password created at the time of import. For the current set up that I am doing there are over 400 member's.

On import it could check to see if the current user ID exists, if it does their record is updated with the data. If their User ID doesn't exist it gets created and their data is added.

For the password the Admin can then email them their User ID and password or the newly added User / Member can reset their password.
Ontario, Canada
Bild
ggna

Beitrag von ggna »

assela hat geschrieben: 10. Jul 2017, 10:03
  • is there a way to incorporate username in the import process so that I don't have to manually create it.
  • is there a way to send the email with username and password to the new users automatically or by selecting them all and doing it once? (rather than clicking on each user's key icon).
May I revive this outdated thread?

I'm presently facing the same problem, although using the current version (as of today).

Many thanks!
ggna

Beitrag von ggna »

Hi again,

to the first question in the original question to the present thread (i.e. setting username equal to email) I could answer by means of the following MySQL query:

UPDATE adm_organization_users users SET usr_login_name = (SELECT usd_value FROM adm_organization_user_data user_data WHERE user_data.usd_usr_id = users.usr_id AND user_data.usd_usf_id = 11) WHERE usr_login_name IS NULL;

where "organization" is the name of your organization, as defined in the first steps of Admidio installation, and "11" is the value of usd_usf_id in table adm_ehprg_user_data corresponding to the email (in my installation).
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Since version 4.1 it‘s possible to import username and passwords for new users. But only administrators are allowed to do this.
Antworten