Attachments/documents with in user profile

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
amitabhmca

Attachments/documents with in user profile

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Dear All,

Is there any option where user can attach related documents with in his profile?

I looked in to profile field but there is no data type i can use it to enable uploads or attachments.

Please suggest how to achieve this?

Thanks,
Amitabh
Hanabi
Re: Attachments/documents with in user profile

Beitrag von Hanabi »

we have separate folders in the download area for each member. The link to this folder you can copy into the field "website". So you can go from the member to the members documents.
Mit sportlichen Grüßen

Thomas
Homepage https://www.hanabi-pirna.de
Admidio-Version 4.0.6 (PHP 7.4) sowie 4.1.12 (PHP 8.0)
Auch aktiv unter https://community.zeta-producer.com
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Hello Hanabi,

Thanks for your reply..

I got what you mean and i tried . Since download folder is visible to all members due to the (visibility/Upload) authorization, member will be able to access each others directories so there need to be an option to restrict members to access each others dir's.

Below are the permission:
On this page you can define who can view the folder downloads and download/upload files. Subfolders will inherit the permissions. Already existing permissions of subfolders will be overridden. You can only use roles with access to the parent folders. User with role right Manage downloads always have full rights to the folder.
How is it in your case? Members able to access each others dir? if yes how did you restrict them to stick with their own dir?

Thanks,
Amitabh
Hanabi

Beitrag von Hanabi »

Our Admidio is a restricted area, only members from the board get access. So we dont have problems with rights. normal members have noch access.
Mit sportlichen Grüßen

Thomas
Homepage https://www.hanabi-pirna.de
Admidio-Version 4.0.6 (PHP 7.4) sowie 4.1.12 (PHP 8.0)
Auch aktiv unter https://community.zeta-producer.com
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Good to know it works for you. Even its restricted area only for members, members are still able to delete each others folders/files.

It can be reproduced easily. I did the testing in other post..

Please check my post here- viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7869

Thanks,
Amitabh
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello amitabhmca

You could create a role for each user.

One user has one folder(and subfolders eventually ) and only one role ( the role for this user ) is allowed to acces this folder.

As a user can belong to more roles this role for file access could be an extra role.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

I have an example here : http://c4dshow.com/3d-figuren.html

In the left menu you can choose some categories.

Choosing "Animals", you will see a list of weblinks. Each weblink is connected to a file in the "downloads" area.

Some items are "Free". if you try to download a file that is not marked "Free" then you will get a message that it is not allowed.

If the material is "Free" you will be allowed to download.

The "free" stuff is in a folder where all has access. The other material is in a folder where only members have access.
Only the admin can administer the folders.

What I mean is, that you could instead of giving all members access to all folders, you have folders where only one role has access.

This way you could make all material available for lists, but only the user with the proper rights, can see the material.

Please let us know if you find a solution.

Kind regards
Schwartz
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Schwartz hat geschrieben:Hello amitabhmca

You could create a role for each user.

One user has one folder(and subfolders eventually ) and only one role ( the role for this user ) is allowed to acces this folder.

As a user can belong to more roles this role for file access could be an extra role.

Kind regards
Schwartz
=================
Dear Schwartz,

Appreciate your reply.

I followed your instructions and it works perfectly. I also followed suggestion by Hanabi to add folder link to the profile field website in respective users profile and it works great.

Scenario where you have 100+ members which means there will be 100+ roles(each user two roles (Member and for folder)).Not sure if it could be problematic when user grows or there could be a better solution/approach to achieve this. In my case users/members could grow up to 300+

Steps tried in Admidio version-3.3.1
Step-1 - Create a role (Example roleamitabh).JPG
Step-1 - Create a role (Example roleamitabh).JPG (55.77 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step-2 - Create user folder (Example - amitabh).JPG
Step-2 - Create user folder (Example - amitabh).JPG (31.58 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step-3 - Set folder permissions (Example - roleamitabh).JPG
Step-3 - Set folder permissions (Example - roleamitabh).JPG (55.16 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet

Look further steps(4/5/6) in next post as unable to attach more than 3 files..

Thanks,
Amitabh
Zuletzt geändert von amitabhmca am 26. Apr 2018, 01:14, insgesamt 4-mal geändert.
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Please find steps(4/5/6) here..
Step-4 - login as user and check folder and upload file.JPG
Step-4 - login as user and check folder and upload file.JPG (57.87 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step-5 - Login as different user (Example-demosg) & check if folder is visible.JPG
Step-5 - Login as different user (Example-demosg) & check if folder is visible.JPG (50.45 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step-6 folder is not visible to other users.JPG
Step-6 folder is not visible to other users.JPG (29.3 KiB) 14432 mal betrachtet
Thanks,
Amitabh
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Schwartz hat geschrieben:I have an example here : http://c4dshow.com/3d-figuren.html

In the left menu you can choose some categories.

Choosing "Animals", you will see a list of weblinks. Each weblink is connected to a file in the "downloads" area.

Some items are "Free". if you try to download a file that is not marked "Free" then you will get a message that it is not allowed.

If the material is "Free" you will be allowed to download.

The "free" stuff is in a folder where all has access. The other material is in a folder where only members have access.
Only the admin can administer the folders.

What I mean is, that you could instead of giving all members access to all folders, you have folders where only one role has access.

This way you could make all material available for lists, but only the user with the proper rights, can see the material.

Please let us know if you find a solution.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Hello Schwartz,

Many thanks for your detailed inputs. I got you.

I guess this is an example of your suggestion in your previous reply:-

1) Create a role for each user.
2) Assign newly created roles to the folder permission.
3) Create a link in the weblink area using folder id.

Things to note -Weblink restriction by role works fine on Admidio-3.3/3.3.1 but i don't see any option to restrict weblinks by role in Admidio-3.2. Let me know if there is any option?

Please refer the scenario in my previous reply. It can be a workaround to achieve this but not a good idea having 2 roles each user. specially when users are growing..

At the moment, folder permissions lists out roles. there could be another way to achieve this without creating another role..Just a suggestion/thought to achieve this.may not be an accurate one..

so 1) Create a folder within download area as an admin.
2) if folder permission area lists out users/members name along with roles then we can select the respective users/member name only and this way only member will have permission to edit/delete etc..but not sure if breaks other permission or roles..

Thanks,
Amitabh
amitabhmca

Beitrag von amitabhmca »

Hello Schwartz/All,

See the screenshot below, I have created user folder with in "Download". Now i want only administrator should be able to create folder and upload files in the main "Download" folder. User should be able to upload files only to the folder where the role is allowed...

I tried using to remove role access for "Upload files" and it works fine but it also disables for child folder..

Any idea how to achieve this?
Admidio-Download.PNG
Admidio-Download.PNG (21.55 KiB) 14399 mal betrachtet
Thanks,
Amitabh
andrewadar

Beitrag von andrewadar »

amitabhmca hat geschrieben:Hello Schwartz/All,

See the screenshot below, I have created user folder with in "Download". Now i want only administrator should be able to create folder and upload files in the main "Download" folder. User should be able to upload files only to the folder where the role is allowed...

I tried using to remove role access for "Upload files" and it works fine but it also disables for child folder..

Any idea how to achieve this?

Admidio-Download.PNG

Thanks,
Amitabh

On the demo when the chairman creates a folder and restricts upload and view to administrator and board, for some reason a regular member can still see those files.

Is there a bug with current installation?
Antworten