Error when trying to import CSV

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
winthrop57

Error when trying to import CSV

Beitrag von winthrop57 »

Installed Admidio without much difficulty. Just trying to do some testing and refine what my eventual database will look like. In trying to IMPORT a CSV file, I went through the steps of matching fields but when I clicked on Import, it gave me a 500 Internal Server Error.
I've made changes and added new fields. I've even uploaded a photo for my member records without problems.
Any idea as to what the problem might be? Everything else seems to be fine. Using admidio-3.3.11. Testing on an iPage web server.
thanks for any help.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Error when trying to import CSV

Beitrag von fasse »

How big is your csv file. Have you tried it with a smaller one?
JohnJ

Beitrag von JohnJ »

Having exactly the same problem here with a tiny test CSV, only a few lines. Tried setting the import_csv.php to different permissions, no luck. 500 Internal Server Error every time.

winthrop57 hat geschrieben:Installed Admidio without much difficulty. Just trying to do some testing and refine what my eventual database will look like. In trying to IMPORT a CSV file, I went through the steps of matching fields but when I clicked on Import, it gave me a 500 Internal Server Error.
I've made changes and added new fields. I've even uploaded a photo for my member records without problems.
Any idea as to what the problem might be? Everything else seems to be fine. Using admidio-3.3.11. Testing on an iPage web server.
thanks for any help.
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi John,

is it possible to reduce the datasets in the CSV file even more and maybe you change some data there and could send me the CSV file to me with email. (see the imprint)

So I could reproduce it here and than I could find the problem.

Best regards
Fasse
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Do you have a csv file for me for reproducing that problem?
winthrop57

Beitrag von winthrop57 »

Hello. I had put this project aside for a while and now restarting after installing the latest update.

I did manage to import a CSV file. I thought the problem was resolved with the new update. Unfortunately I can't import an additional file. The really strange part is I can re-import the first file without problems. Any thoughts?

I sent an email with links for the files.

Thank you.
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Winthrop,

I found the problem. We had a bad error handling for the country. If you want to import a user with country and the country column was emtpy the import crashes.

Please replace the attached file in adm_program/modules/members and the import will now work if the country is empty or has a invalid value.

Fasse
Dateianhänge
import_csv.php.zip
(3.83 KiB) 271-mal heruntergeladen
winthrop57

Beitrag von winthrop57 »

Many thanks! That did the trick!

I can now move ahead with the database. Thanks again!
drareve

Beitrag von drareve »

unfortunately when trying to download the file that reports to fix the COUNTRY field import issue is says "The selected attachment does not exist anymore."
Antworten