Sent emails no longer accessible

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
rjwhite

Sent emails no longer accessible

Beitrag von rjwhite »

I can no longer see the emails which have previously been sent from Admidio.
There is no link in the menu on the web interface that I can find to see them. (There is also apparently no way to send a "private message" as before, but I never used that feature.)
I am sure they were easily found before, but I can't see them now.
The entry "E-mail" in the "MODULES" list on the left leads straight to the page "Send e-mail", which works correctly. The database tables adm_messages, adm_messages_content and adm_messages_recipients still exist, and are being updated as new emails are sent. Everything else seems to be working correctly.
I am running Admidio 4.3.0 after a failed upgrade to 4.35 (as described in my post on 7th March). I fixed the failure by installing 4.3.0 instead, still using the original database. So I don't know whether version 4.3.0 has changed its interface, or something is broken.
fasse
Administrator

Re: Sent emails no longer accessible

Beitrag von fasse »

Could you please check which is the last update step that is documented in the preferences within "Admidio"?
This should be 1140
rjwhite

Beitrag von rjwhite »

The 'Admidio update' page in Preferences reports

Admidio version
4.3.0 Check for update
Last step of update 1070 / 1120

The reason the total is not 1140 as you suggested may be because the first failed database upgrade was from 4.3.0 to 4.3.1, not 4.3.5, and then a month or so later I tried again, this time to the latest version 4.3.5, so I described this in my post as "4.3.0 to 4.3.5". The previous update failure may have been responsible for the total 1120. Hope this helps.
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Ok, than we must solve the update problem. After the update is successful this problem is also solved.
rjwhite

Beitrag von rjwhite »

You're correct, of course! Now that the database has been successfully updated, the sent emails (and the private messages button) have magically reappeared.
Vielen Dank!
imke

Beitrag von imke »

Where can the sent emails be found? I do have the problem, too...
rjwhite

Beitrag von rjwhite »

imke hat geschrieben: 28. Mär 2024, 18:01 Where can the sent emails be found? I do have the problem, too...
In the left-hand column, under the heading "MODULES", click on "Messages" and then the emails previously sent should appear in the main part of the page, underneath buttons to send an email or a private message. My problem was that the emails were no longer listed (and I think the private message button also disappeared), and it turned out that this was because my database had not been fully updated from version 4.3.0 to 4.3.5 - not all the steps had been completed, so presumably the database schema no longer matched the software of either version 4.3.0 or version 4.3.5. When this was fixed (see the thread "Database update script fails (4.3.0 to 4.3.1 and 4.3.5)"), the sent emails reappeared.
Perhaps your problem is similar. If it is, you will get an error message when updating to the next Admidio software version, as described in the other thread. You can find your Admidio software version in "ADMINISTRATION", "Preferences", "General" tab, "Admidio update". The database schema version can be found in the "adm_components" table in the "db_backup..." SQL file produced using "ADMINISTRATION", "Database backup". There may be an easier way to find this out - I am only a user. Hope this helps.
Antworten