MySQL PDO error for 3.1.1 upgrade

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
TenX

MySQL PDO error for 3.1.1 upgrade

Beitrag von TenX »

I have Admidio V 3.1.1 installed on a local MAMP server, tested and working fine. I transferred the files and database to the webserver with the appropriate changes to config.php and am getting the following error when i access the site:
"The connection to the database failed!
The following error occurred:
The requested PDO driver mysql is not supported."

I tried a fresh install of Admidio 3.1.1 as well and got the same error. Version 3.0.6 was working fine on this server. Is this an issue with Admidio or something I need to resolve with the webhost?
PHP 5.4.43
MySQL 5.5.42

Thanks.
TenX

Re: MySQL PDO error for 3.1.1 upgrade

Beitrag von TenX »

Ignore the earlier post! Got this working by calling the webhost with the error message.
Regards!
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

TenX hat geschrieben:Ignore the earlier post! Got this working by calling the webhost with the error message.
Regards!
Hello, I am having a similar problem to you. What did you learn from the webhost that fixed your issue?
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi B_Hay,

the problem is that the PHP extension PDO is not installed on the webserver you use. You must inform your hoster about the problem and he should install the extension. This is a common extension and a "modern" way to communicate with the database so there should be no problem to install this.

Best regards
Fasse
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

fasse hat geschrieben:Hi B_Hay,

the problem is that the PHP extension PDO is not installed on the webserver you use. You must inform your hoster about the problem and he should install the extension. This is a common extension and a "modern" way to communicate with the database so there should be no problem to install this.

Best regards
Fasse
I am using the Mysql database with my install. If i do a php -m on the system it shows PDO and pdo_mysql in the list it spits out. Doesn't that indicate that the mysql_pdo plugin (module) is loaded and working?
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

B_Hay hat geschrieben:
fasse hat geschrieben:Hi B_Hay,

Best regards
Fasse
I am using the Mysql database with my install. If i do a php -m on the system it shows PDO and pdo_mysql in the list it spits out. Doesn't that indicate that the mysql_pdo plugin (module) is loaded and working?
Is there another way to check what pdo driver is creating the problem. The error page on my browser is pretty generic. It says that the connection to the database failed. The requested pdo driver is not supported. I would assume that this error message points to the mysql pdo. THanks for the help.

Brian.
Antworten