The requested PDO driver is not supported

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

I went through the installation instructions posted online. I went through all the setup instructions that were presented to me after navigating to http://www.your-domain.org/admidio/index.php. After I enter all the required information i am presented with a screen that says
The connection to the database failed!

The following error occurred:
Which PDO driver is it looking for? I did a little digging and thought it might have been the mysql driver so i installed it, restarted apache, deleted the admidio folder from web directory and copied over a clean directory. then i went through the installation again and again i got the same error. I am trying to install this on a Digital ocean droplet on Ubuntu 14.04, using mysql 5.5.54-0ubuntu0.14.04.1, PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.21, and Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu). If anybody can shed some light upon this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
XimeX
Developer

Re: The requested PDO driver is not supported

Beitrag von XimeX »

Have yo set "$gDbType" in "config.php"? If yes: what is the value?
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

We support MySql and PostgreSql, so you need the PDO driver for your choosen database. In most cases it should be MySql.

Maybe it's something wrong with your installation of the pdo driver ?!?
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

fasse hat geschrieben:We support MySql and PostgreSql, so you need the PDO driver for your choosen database. In most cases it should be MySql.

Maybe it's something wrong with your installation of the pdo driver ?!?
Is PHP 5 supported in 3.2.4?
fasse
Administrator

Beitrag von fasse »

Yes, PHP 5.3.7 and above.
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

fasse hat geschrieben:Yes, PHP 5.3.7 and above.
How do i go about troubleshooting the PDO driver? Looking at the PHP manual online, it tells me that installing php5-mysql from the ubuntu repositories will install the PDO_MYSQL extension. Is there more I have to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to php. Thanks again for the help.

Brian
B_Hay

Beitrag von B_Hay »

B_Hay hat geschrieben:
fasse hat geschrieben:Yes, PHP 5.3.7 and above.
How do i go about troubleshooting the PDO driver? Looking at the PHP manual online, it tells me that installing php5-mysql from the ubuntu repositories will install the PDO_MYSQL extension. Is there more I have to do? I'm pretty green when it comes to php. Thanks again for the help.

Brian

Ok, so I just installed Ubuntu 14.04 on my laptop and quickly went through the installation. It worked. From what I understand, Digital Ocean creates their own packages. This would lead me to believe they have done something to the PDO driver.
Antworten