Category Report - What's the inclusion criteria

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
RVice

Category Report - What's the inclusion criteria

Beitrag von RVice »

I'm looking at the Category Report and observed that some "former members" are showing up while other "former members" are not. What is the key that causes some to be included and others excluded?

I haven't been able to figure out a way to trigger someone in or out yet.
rmb
Plugin-Developer

Re: Category Report - What's the inclusion criteria

Beitrag von rmb »

Role memberships are the key. If a member has at least one active role on the day you run the CategoryReport, it will be displayed. Check your former members to see if they still belong to a role.

rmb
RVice

Beitrag von RVice »

That's what I thought, but for the active roles for one of the people that's mixed up it says

"No roles were found. Possibly you do not have the rights to see certain roles."

I'm an Administrator, so it is not a "rights" thing.

There are family members under "Relationships", is it possible some form of "family" role is applying. Note, all the family members are also "former" and have nothing in the current.
rmb
Plugin-Developer

Beitrag von rmb »

I've tried to replicate that.

In my test environment, 587 members are displayed under "Members". When I run Category Report it also shows 587 members.
If I delete a member, 586 are displayed under "Members" and 586 in Category Report.

I entered a wife under "Relationships" for one member. If I now delete this "wife" (make it to a former), she will still show up under "Relationships", but under "Members" I now have 585 members. Category Report also shows me 585 members now. So everything as it should be.

Are there really no more roles registered with your "former"?
I've often had the case that when I clicked on "Remove user" (and then "Former"), the member didn't become a former member because there were still role memberships. So not all role memberships were deleted.
RVice

Beitrag von RVice »

Is removing the member, taking them out of the system entirely? Or just removing the "role"?

Could it be a dirty database? I.e. there's a role attached that no longer exists?
rmb
Plugin-Developer

Beitrag von rmb »

In the "Members" view, there is a "Remove user" icon for each member.

If you select "Former" in the subsequent dialog, only the member's role memberships are terminated. The member's data remains in the system, the member just doesn't belong more about your organization, because it is no longer assigned to a role.
However, if you select "Delete", the member will be completely deleted from the system. Everything is deleted: first name, last name, date of birth, role memberships, everything.
There's a role attached that no longer exists
I can't imagine. That shouldn't really be possible.
RVice

Beitrag von RVice »

I see the former member when I set the show former.

Out of these three former members, only one shows up in the category report and expect to see none
Dateianhänge
Screenshot 2023-06-26 103725.png
Screenshot 2023-06-26 103725.png (52.32 KiB) 1357 mal betrachtet
rmb
Plugin-Developer

Beitrag von rmb »

Create a new configuration under Category report. Under "Column selection" select "Role memberships" in a column.

If you now display this report, is something conspicuous in the "Role memberships" column for the former member? Does anything show up in this column at all?
RVice

Beitrag von RVice »

I did a workaround by "deleting" the member and selecting "Former" instead of "Delete" I didn't know the "Former" was an option until I created a Test member.
RVice

Beitrag von RVice »

Looking at one other member, it looks like any "Events" they participated in are coming up as the Category, even though these were in the past.

12/07/2021 19:00 General Meeting & Nomi; 01/04/2022 19:00 General Meeting

The Quantity reported is also 0 for the line.

Logged GitHub issue for this: https://github.com/Admidio/admidio/issues/1459

It's partially a bug, but likely a feature attached for a former member to maintain being a participant in a former event, and listing all events under the members record.
Antworten