Enabling members to sign other members up for events

If you aren't speaking german, you can ask for support or post your request here.
Antworten
AlkoMasterz

Enabling members to sign other members up for events

Beitrag von AlkoMasterz »

Hi everyone,

Junior dev here. Our group uses Admidio as their groupware and absolutely love it. The head of my clan asked me to configure admidio a bit. One of those questions was if it was possible that members can sign up other members for events as well.

Current situation:
A member signs up for an event and wants to sign up 3 other members as well, ae parents, family, friends, all those registered. Now the member reserves 3 additional seats and writes their names down as a comment.

Wanted situation:
A member signs up for an event and wants to sign up 3 other members as well, ae parents, family, friends, all those registered. The member can search within registered members (just like the search in messages) and adds those to the participation form.

Does anyone know how or can push me in the right direction? Unfortunately my PHP knowledge isn't that well.

Thanks!
fasse
Administrator

Re: Enabling members to sign other members up for events

Beitrag von fasse »

Hi Alko,

the membership of events are represented by a role. So I think you should change the registration to that role. If any participiant of the event automatically get's a leader of that role and the leaders of the role have the possibility to add other members than you have your feature. That should be not so complicated because you must only manipulate the settings of the role.

Regards
Fasse
AlkoMasterz

Re: Enabling members to sign other members up for events

Beitrag von AlkoMasterz »

Hi Fasse,

Thanks for the reply! Sorry, couldn't get back to it faster. I've tried some things, but cannot work it out properly. The permissions are scheduled in the dates_function.php right? I've tried to copy the code for the search from somewhere else (roles/Groups) but it appears that there is no correct callback. Do you have a practical example perhaps?

Thanks for the help so far!
Antworten