No participation on event even when checked

Topics from older beta tests.
Antworten
Schwartz

No participation on event even when checked

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello ADMIDIO

Just installed the beta 3.3.
I can log in and I can create events - but - even when I check the : Enable registration to this event, I see no participation buttons. I also check the #DAT_ALLOW_USER_COMMENTS#
and the #DAT_ALLOW_ADDITIONAL_GUESTS#.
When I again edit the event, the checkbox for Enable registration to this event, is "blank".
No error shown - just a "missing" registration of the checked box.
When I check the box again, I can see it has saved the checks for comment and guests as these are then already checked.
After installing I only created a calendar "Vinklub", as a calendar name is requested for the event.
Is there other things that should be "created" ?

I have looked for a setting for configuring the "participation list", but maybe this is not user-define-able - I could find no list for that.
As the participation is an essential thing for me to test, I hope You can tell me what is wrong, and that You can guide me further in my test.
The #DAT_ALLOW_USER_COMMENTS# is a text that is shown - I guess it is of no matter and that it is a translation that will come later. I have tried with the German language where the text is "normal" but here it is the same - no participation shown.

In the playground the checking IS remembered - I guess it should be the same version ?????

Kind regards
Schwartz
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Re: No participation on event even when checked

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

Can you reproduce also in the playground?
There is the current develop Version installed since yesterday.

Regards,
Thomas
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Thomas

Just visited the playground. https://www.admidio.org/playground/adm_ ... /dates.php

In the playground the checking for Anmeldung zu diesem Termin ermöglichenHelp is remembered BUT there is no extra fields shown with comments and guests.

In my beta version there is the extra fields comments and guests, but here the checking for participation is not remembered.

I have created a user with admin rights - I will mail this to You in case You want to see it Yourself.

Kind regards
Schwartz
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

In the playground is something wrong running the demo data update.

The new preference for the participation list in the date module settings is not provided and the update is not running proper.

We need to check this.

Regards,
Thomas
Thomas-RCV
Former team member

Beitrag von Thomas-RCV »

Playground is updated again. This was on database Version 3.2.7.
Now it is 3.3 Beta 1.

Please try and test again there.

Also did some local tests, and you are right... the behaviour looks like mentioned. There, we obviously have some trouble within new Installation and must check this.
At this time I recommend to use a stable Version of Admidio and run an update with the 3.3 scripts for local testing. This should work properly.

Regards,
Thomas
Schwartz

Beitrag von Schwartz »

Hello Thomas

YES - in the playground it functions. And it functions as smooth as I hoped it will.
I will remove my installation and I will await a new beta-version ( I removed my 3.2 so I have nothing to upgrade from ), and then I will go on testing "full".
I will test only the event part of ADMIDIO, and only with IE, Edge, Chrome and Firefox.
Until then I will use the playground to snoop around.

How will I be able to see when a new beta version ( where the new-installation is fixed ) is available ?[/b]

Kind regards
John

PS I edited this post 23-03-2017 09:18 - It was split to 2 new posts
Antworten